elib
DLR-Header
DLR-Logo -> http://www.dlr.de
DLR Portal Home | Imprint | Privacy Policy | Contact | Deutsch
Fontsize: [-] Text [+]

Enhanced Acceleration Phase Tracking for Moving Platform Detection in 3D Indoor Navigation

Kaiser, Susanna (2018) Enhanced Acceleration Phase Tracking for Moving Platform Detection in 3D Indoor Navigation. In: Proceedings of the IEEE/ION Position, Location and Navigation Symposium, PLANS 2018. PLANS 2018, 23.-26.4.2018, Monterey, California, USA. ISBN 978-153861647-5

[img] PDF - Registered users only
939kB

Abstract

State of the art inertial navigation systems (INS) use pedestrian dead reckoning (PDR) to estimate the trajectory of a user in indoor environments. These algorithms enforce a human gait model on the inertial measurements, in order to restrain the accumulation of sensor errors. However, in the presence of external transportation platforms like evators or escalators, these assumptions cause the PDR to ignore the external displacement and it loses track of the user’s trajectory. In this paper, we follow a heuristic based approach for the detection of external Transportation platforms in indoor pedestrian navigation. We propose a method for reliably detecting platforms that is independent from bias errors. Different acceleration bias estimation techniques are compared based on accuracy and robustness. With the new detection technique 95% of the moving platforms are detected properly, where the remaining 5% are not detected because of missing or short acceleration phases during stance phases.

Item URL in elib:https://elib.dlr.de/119057/
Document Type:Conference or Workshop Item (Speech)
Title:Enhanced Acceleration Phase Tracking for Moving Platform Detection in 3D Indoor Navigation
Authors:
AuthorsInstitution or Email of AuthorsAuthors ORCID iD
Kaiser, SusannaSusanna.Kaiser (at) dlr.deUNSPECIFIED
Date:2018
Journal or Publication Title:Proceedings of the IEEE/ION Position, Location and Navigation Symposium, PLANS 2018
Refereed publication:Yes
Open Access:No
Gold Open Access:No
In SCOPUS:Yes
In ISI Web of Science:Yes
ISBN:978-153861647-5
Status:Published
Keywords:pedestrian navigation; escalator detection; elevator detection; indoor navigation; bias estimation; inertial indoor navigation;
Event Title:PLANS 2018
Event Location:Monterey, California, USA
Event Type:international Conference
Event Dates:23.-26.4.2018
HGF - Research field:Aeronautics, Space and Transport
HGF - Program:Transport
HGF - Program Themes:Terrestrial Vehicles (old)
DLR - Research area:Transport
DLR - Program:V BF - Bodengebundene Fahrzeuge
DLR - Research theme (Project):V - Fahrzeugintelligenz (old)
Location: Oberpfaffenhofen
Institutes and Institutions:Institute of Communication and Navigation > Communications Systems
Deposited By: Kaiser, Dr.-Ing. Susanna
Deposited On:05 Mar 2018 17:52
Last Modified:10 Oct 2018 13:58

Repository Staff Only: item control page

Browse
Search
Help & Contact
Information
electronic library is running on EPrints 3.3.12
Copyright © 2008-2017 German Aerospace Center (DLR). All rights reserved.